Jennifer Wong has been with Robertsons for nearly 20 years and is a partner in the Private Equity & Commercial Department. She focuses in the practice of cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, financing transactions, corporate restructurings, and post-IPO regulatory compliance.
She also heads the China Practice at Robertsons and has led a number of significant M&A, financing and investment projects in diverse sectors throughout mainland China.
Prior to joining Robertsons, Jennifer was part of the Company Secretarial team for a large locally listed bank.
- Acting for a China state-owned enterprise, an electricity supplier, in its RMB1,000 million loan facility granted by the Hong Kong branch of a mainland based bank, the loan being utilized by a China parent company but secured and guaranteed by its Hong Kong subsidiary.
- Acting for a mainland Chinese client in acquiring a Hong Kong incorporated company with property development projects in China which worths RMB400 million; working with mainland Chinese counsel on related due diligence investigation.
- Acting for a pioneering French stationery client in its acquisition of the stationery business of two wholly foreign owned enterprises operated by Taiwanese entity worth US$7.5 million through setting up and reorganization of Hong Kong incorporated holding company structure and transfer of business (including assets) in China; subsequently exercising its call option for a successful buyout at US$4 million.
- Acting for an advertising group for its listing on the Growth Enterprise Market of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange by way of placing raising proceeds of approximately HK$60 million; subsequently assisting the group in its post-listing compliance matters including placing of unlisted warrants conferring rights to subscribe for shares raising funds of not more than HK$30 million.
- Acting for several Cayman funds run by Singaporean/Chinese entities on a number of investment projects in various industries namely hygiene products (through purchase of shares for a consideration of US$18.5 million), cement (through joint acquisition of shares in a Shenzhen listed company for an aggregate consideration of US$573 million), wind power plant (through acquisition of shares for a consideration of US$42 million) and other food and pharmaceutical businesses in China.
- Acting for a locally listed bank in granting a loan facility of more than HK$200 million to a Hong Kong listed company and its subsidiaries carrying on hotel business including facility agreement and a wide range of security documents in Hong Kong, China and BVI.
- Acting for a Hong Kong renowned beverage distributor in its corporate restructuring exercise for better management control and future IPO purposes.
- Acting for a Taiwanese client in its several rounds of pre-IPO investments totalling RMB450 million in a China based group of companies carrying on clothing and merchandizing business, aiming for an IPO on Euronext, such process involving setting up of a listing vehicle and intermediary entities and internal group restructuring.
- Acting for a Canadian listed company in its placing of shares and warrants to companies controlled by mainlanders, raising funds of CAD$8 million.
- Assisting a mainland company in the automobile leasing industry raising US$5 million from a private equity fund by issuing convertible notes secured by various assets of the mainland company and its overseas holding company.
- Acting for an Australian client in the media industry in its acquisition of media related public relations and marketing business in Hong Kong.
- Acting jointly with a number of European law firms for a client in its cross-border sale of a group of companies engaged in toy-related business.
- Acting as the legal adviser of a main board listed company carrying on trading and repair of telecommunications products on a yearly basis, providing full range of legal-cum-company secretarial services to the group.
Speaks Cantonese, English and Mandarin
- Bachelor of Laws, University of London
- Solicitor, Hong Kong (2000)
- Solicitor, England and Wales (2002)
- Fellow of The Hong Kong Institute of Company Secretaries
- Fellow of The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators
- Chartered Governance Professional