Joey is an Associate in Robertsons’ Dispute Resolution team, and has been with the Firm since she was a Trainee Solicitor. Joey’s work in dispute resolution revolves around civil litigation as well as arbitrations.
Aside from acting on contentious matters, she also acts as the Clerk to the Disciplinary Committee of the Hong Kong Confederation of Insurance Brokers and advises foreign lawyers and law firms on commencing practice in Hong Kong.
English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor, Hong Kong (2016)
Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL), The University of Hong Kong
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (Hons), The University of Hong Kong
The Law Society of Hong Kong
LITIGATION & DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Acting for and advising the Administrators of the Estate in a High Court Action involving recovery of property, monies and chattels of the Estate, currently under appeal;
- Acting for and advising former Managing Director of a major bank in a High Court Action for wrongful dismissal;
- Acting for and advising various companies and individuals in respective cases involving email fraud to recover misappropriated sums, including applications for discovery and interlocutory injunctions;
- Acting for and advising claimant company in ICC arbitration for recovery of debt under loan agreement;
- Acting for and advising various companies listed on the Stock Exchange in contractual disputes, in particular a winding-up petition commenced against one such company;
- Acting as Clerk to the Disciplinary Committee of the Hong Kong Confederation of Insurance Brokers;
- Advising overseas firms and lawyers in setting up and registering as Foreign Law Firms and Foreign Registered Lawyer pursuant to the rules and procedures of the Law Society of Hong Kong.