Lesley has been with the firm since 1994.
She heads up Robertsons’ non-contentious Intellectual Property department and she has vast experience advising on strategies for intellectual property protection both in Hong Kong and throughout the region.
In her many years of practice in Hong Kong, Lesley has also handled significant corporate and commercial transactions, particularly focusing on intellectual property - related deals.
Lesley is an active member of both the Asian Patent Attorneys Association and the International Trademark Association.
Lesley also heads up our Private Client Department.
Qualifications & Education
Solicitor and Barrister, New Zealand (1993)
Solicitor, Hong Kong (1996)
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Victoria University
The Law Society of Hong Kong
New Zealand Law Society
- Advising clients in respect of trademark disputes including oppositions and cancellation applications;
- Representing a wide range of organizations, manufactures and retailers in respect of their worldwide trade mark portfolios including handing of trade mark filings;
- Advising clients in respect of co-existing with similar brands and negotiating co-existence agreements;
- Advising clients in respect of problematic applications including attending trade mark hearings;
- Handling commercial transactions for the exploitation of intellectual property rights through licensing, distribution and franchising agreements;
- Advising clients in respect of the creation and development of intellectual property rights including drafting of confidentially and non-disclosure agreements;
- Advising clients in respect of copyright laws and infringement;
- Providing practical advice to clients to increase the value or performance of their IP portfolio.